Friday, September 28, 2012

It's a new season...

This past week was an exceptional week. 
God has been so evident in our lives; His peace abounding in our home. 
And we are incredible thankful.

We took this photo in the car, about to make our weekly Publix run after church on Sunday. It was a gorgeous day, and church was awesome. Pastor Alan brought it! This thought hasn't left me all week: "In order to experience true worship, you must start with a moment of surrender." Mmmph.

Last weekend we had our first break from the heat. At night, there was even a nip in the air! (We love chilly nights, when we can open all the windows upstairs and are forced under our down comforter!)

 To celebrate the first official day of Fall last Saturday, I decided to decorate our mantle in its fall wardrobe. I spent the afternoon with my cousin Kristi...she is an amazing crafter. Her talents make me look like Shrek standing next to Martha Stewart herself, but I'm learning. :) I so enjoyed just hanging out with her and her adorable baby bump! (So sad we didn't take any photos of the day.)


This is a Kristi-ism...cheap but super cute fall decor? Why, beans! Green snap, white, red kidney, and the best of all...popcorn kernels! This super easy/affordable trick makes a great filler for my dining room candles.

Also, under Kris' guidance, I created my first burlap wreath. I found a pic on Pinterest, of course, and was determined to make one to adorn our townhome. What do you think? (Thanks for ALL your help, Kris!)

And with the coming of Autumn also comes brownie cupcakes with homemade peanut butter icing and a Recee's cup hidden inside. Goooolllleeeee, these suckers were amazing, if I do say so myself. I baked them to serve at our church's "Invisible Children" event.
(If you haven't heard of this movement, click here. Warning: you will be moved.)

Thankfully, I've gotten to see more of these guys than I expected. I am ridiculously proud of them. I could not have cuter, more talented brothers. And leading worship with them once a week is pure joy.
(See...P and J like my brownie cupcakes and ice-cream...perhaps a bit too much...)

 Celebrating GREAT news! I had my annual eye exam this past week. (P.S. If you're looking for an eye doc in the Nashville/Brentwood area, I've got a great one I'd be happy to recommend!) Anyway... did you know Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in people under 50? Yep. It's true. Every time I used to visit the eye doctor, I found myself holding my breath waiting for the scan results, almost anticipating the inevitable bad news. Not anymore. 
I've learned to claim God's goodness and protection over my life, and this includes my body. And you know what? My eye doctor sang my favorite lyrics this week. He said after studying the photos of my eyes, he can't even tell I'm a Diabetic, much less one who has had the disease for 16 years!" 
Booyah, Satan. 
Praise the Lord!

On the same note, I am trying to take care of my body. This week, I did pretty good! Thanks to my hubs for grilling me some succulent chicken to add protein (and taste!) to my salads. Nom nom.

Time flies, but we are closing out the first quarter of the school year already. Yikes. These stacks of papers? They're kind of taking over my life right now. And these aren't the only ones. I want all grades finalized before next week.  Come on, fall break!

 Of course I have some stinkers, but majority of my students really are awesome. We went on a field trip to the Adventure Science Center this week, and Mrs. Darcy's homeroom sang Justin Bieber and Once Direction the entire bus ride. No, I wasn't beaming with pride. :)
(P.S. Does it mean you're old when the planetarium movie makes you nauseous?)

Jon's favorite thing right now. He says he needs a treat after dinner. 
And I'm beyond happy to make it for him.

Also...I don't have a photo for this, but it's worth sharing.
Our "new" car has been reeking of gasoline. It's been bad. And smelling gas from your car can't be safe. And it must be expensive, right?
Well, one mechanic quoted us almost $900 to fix the crack in our fuel pump. Gulp. BUT...my ever-so-intelligent and computer savvy husband did some research- found out there was actually a recall on our model car for this very thing. He called the people, contacted the right people, and let's just say long story made short... Chevy fixed the problem for FREE. I'm talking, we didn't even pay for the diagnostic test. Wow!
The coolest part about this is, not only saving a hefty amount of cash, but in the past cars have caused a severe amount of anxiety for me. Severe amount. This time, though, I finally realized God's provision and grace. No matter the outcome of the car, it was just a car. And Jon and I would still be taken care of. And God is still great.
Just another way to brag on my God!

Speaking of my cousin, Kristi... She introduced me to this new ministry she's a part of. Jon and I attended the Arise benefit in Nashville last night at Sambuca (can you say DELISH?), and it totally rocked us. 
ONEless is an amazing organization. Their tagline is "One less is one more." and their mission is to end human trafficking in the United States. Wow. What a mission. What a call. We heard from victims of human trafficking, right here in our area! For us, it's not a matter of should we get involved...it's a matter of what can we do. Click on the website and check it out. We were stunned.



As we enter this season of Autumn, we are already realizing how ridiculously blessed we are...even before the turkey and stuffing are on the table.

"It's a new season, it's a new day.
Fresh anointing is flowing my way.
It's a season of power and prosperity.
It's a new season coming to me."
Israel and New Breed



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips