Monday, July 28, 2014

Home: Living Room Redo

I'm a gal who loves change. 
Combine that with my love for interior design, and I'm happy as a peach by simply moving around a couple picture frames. 

Because of this, Mr. Darcy is used to coming home and finding decor in new arrangements throughout the house.

Due to the fact that we currently rent our town home, we are unable to paint or do any "major" DIY design changes. However, a couple weeks ago, we sold our old couch and purchased some new-to-us furniture. Rather than just swapping out the couches, The Hubs and I decided to flip the entire room.

On a Saturday afternoon, we both sketched out our ideas for new furniture arrangements, and then we presented our ideas to each other. The Hubs impressed me with a couple good ideas, and we combined our efforts to fully maximize our living room space.

Well, what do you think?!

Click here to see what the room looked like when we first moved in.



Man! We didn't realize how huge this living room was until we moved our furniture around.


Moving the TV above the fireplace was one of the best space-savers. Also, it is much more conducive for movie nights with family/friends.


This red sofa is my favorite- it's so long and so deep. It's literally the perfect napping conch.


Jon calls this his "Man Chair". (No seriously, he kicked me out of the chair so he could practice his bass playing skills.)


We just love this large Ikea coffee table, given to us from some sweet friends. It was the perfect addition, and it the second shelf houses our laptops and my Real Simple magazines perfectly.



Our teal flea-market-find now houses all of the electronics. And holla- my record player is now back in motion! The sheer curtains also hide any cords from the TV to the outlet. (Ain't nobody got time for cords hanging out all over the place.)



This gallery wall is one of my favorite additions to the room. More about this detail to come!
These two white chairs form a quaint reading nook, of which I am currently blogging from (since Mr. Darcy kicked me out of his man chair).


It felt so great to take the time to sketch the room, and use the best of both of our ideas to maximize the space. It was a total team effort!

We love our new-to-us furniture, and this room is now our favorite room in the house. In the mornings, I love to just sit in this room and prepare my mind for the day.

So, whether it's rotating all the furniture in your space, or merely swapping out a few accessories, I challenge you to change something in your home decor. The freshness may inspire you in more ways than one!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE!
    Everything is brighter and it seems as if you gathered more seating arrangements in the space!
    This interior designer approves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yes, adding more seating to the room was a goal as we love to entertain people. We're happy with it! Glad you approve! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips