Saturday, May 17, 2014

Chirp.


Well, I finally did it....

For a while now, I've been pinning pictures of teal-painted kitchen tables. 
It became very obvious that I developed quite a liking to this "look".

This is the Lenox fine china set we registered for our wedding 2 1/2 years ago. 
The pattern is appropriately called Chirp.
Little did I know how prophetic this Chirp pattern would be.



My Mother-in-Love (yes, that's what I call her) gave this table to my husband during his bachelor days. We decided to keep it after we got married (although I don't think Mr. Darcy quite envisioned the plans I had for his table).



Enter my newest obsession- Annie Sloan chalkpaint. 
I have yet to master the dark wax (or the clear wax, for that matter), but I am loving how easy it is to maneuver this paint. 
And the color choices? Way too fun to stick to the neutral tones.


Am I right?!


One Saturday, while The Hubs wasn't home...
I covered our tile kitchen floor in plastic and let out my inner Picasso...



It was interesting crawling around the kitchen floor, trying to adequately cover each inch of the table and in between every crevasse of the chairs. (I know one thing- next time I'm investing in knee pads!)

However, the hard work was totally worth it!

Here's the (somewhat) finished product...


Well, what do you think?!


One day, when we own our own home, my dream kitchen will have gray walls, white cabinets, and lots of crisp white accents. Then our breakfast table will truly pop!


Remember the predecessor of this whole project- my Chirp fine china?
Well, if you ask me, I'd say the whole color-coordinating worked in my favor.
I was pretty giddy when setting the table for dinner last week. :)

Oh, and Mr. Darcy? Don't worry...he loves how his table turned out.


I say somewhat finished because I'm still considering adding the Annie Sloan dark wax, which would create a distressed look. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips