Monday, April 28, 2014

Write Your story on my heart

This past weekend, women from our church gathered in a b-e-a-utiful cabin in Gatlinburg for our annual Women's Retreat. To say we were excited for a weekend girls' getaway would be an understatement. 

My gal, Di, and I were ready for our roadtrip. We brought the goods- coconut M&Ms, Sweedish fish, girly magazines, Chic-fil-a breakfast, and most importantly- a playlist with all the woman-power Greats: Mariah, Whitney, Martina, Shania...
The weekend was full of relaxing moments. Sunbathing on the deck with the gals (while pretending to read, but really doing a great job at the art of gab instead) earned me my first tanlines of 2014.
The theme of the weekend was "Write Your Story". In our services, women shared their stories in the most honest, candid, vulnerable ways. They shared the good, the bad, the lovely, the ugly, the joyous, the devastating, the exciting, and the unbelievable. These are women that I love and respect; women that I "know" from church. They are Godly women. But somewhere along the way, I forgot that they are real. And they have stories, too.
 There is something unbelievably beautiful when we share our stories together. That is when the glory of The Lord is revealed best- when we show how He has radically changed our lives.

In hearing their stories, I was challenged to form my own; to reflect on the work The Lord has done in me.

 The best part? He's not done with me yet. The healing has just begun.

After LOTS of laughter, and a steady flow of healing tears, we headed home.

I am beyond thankful for the weekend, and for the hard-working and talented women that planned and and executed the retreat. 

My prayer at the end of this retreat was simply this:
"Lord, I give you the pen. Continue to write Your story on my heart."


Oh, and these faces? These were gals that were thrilled to be together, yet giddy to get home to their handsome husbands.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Mallory! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vicky! We're taking you with us next year! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips