Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Recipe: Spinach Alfredo Lasagna

Friends, if you are looking for something delicious for dinner- something without a ton of prep time but the flavor to become a family favorite- I have a recipe for you. It's a remix on a classic favorite:

Spinach Alfredo Lasagna

'Nuff said, right?

I first had this amazing dish when my friend, Jenny, made it for for our small group, and I HAD to get the recipe. I think I've made it three times since then! 

Here are the players:

12 oz. lasagna noodles
1 lb. sausage (either Italian or just mild sausage)
10 oz. frozen spinach (thawed)
1 c. shredded mozzarella 
1/2 c. shaved parmesan 
2 c. shredded cheddar
1 1/2 jars alfredo sauce (yes, you can use canned)
15 oz. ricotta
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper



Directions:

Soak the noodles in boiling water for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown the sausage.

Drain the noodles and set aside.

Drain sausage. Add spinach, alfredo sauce, salt and pepper.


In another bowl, combine the egg and Cheddar, then add the ricotta and parmesan cheeses. Mix well.


In an ungreased 9x13 baking dish, layer 1/3 of the sausage mixture, 1/3 of the noodles, and top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers two more times. Top with extra mozzarella cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Serves 8-10.


Notes: Barilla makes a lasagna noodle that does not require boiling and layers without soaking. Jenny says these noodles work just fine!

Also, I normally prep the lasagna the night before, so once we get home from work, I can just pop it in the oven. So delish!!!

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! And I'll pass your compliments along to Chef Jenny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips