Sunday, August 3, 2014

Engagement: Parker & Heather (Part 1)

About a year ago, my younger brother (I can't really say "little" brother anymore) announced he was saving his money for a very important purchase...an engagement ring. 

At that point, he had been dating his then girlfriend for three years, so a proposal was definitely on the horizon. However, I don't think anyone can be fully prepared for a younger sibling to announce that he will be proposing in the near future. 

My response? 

I screamed. I laughed. I cried. The whole bit.

I was ecstatic!

It has been so fun to witness Parker go through the engagement process: ring shopping, proposal planning (and changing plans...several times...), and finally coming up with the perfect proposal plan. 

So, here we are... a year later. 

Parker and I met for lunch one day, then drove to the jeweler for him to pay for the most exciting purchase! (It was pretty cool that he purchased the ring from the same place Jon purchased mine. He worked with the same jeweler Jon used, and she was ecstatic when I arrived with him to make the purchase.)

Look at this smug face... He's saying, "That's right. I just bought some major bling."


I mean, yowza!

Fact: Parker's twin brother, Jordan, went with Parker to pick up the ring after the ring had been set.
I raced to meet them right after work.
Jordan confessed to me that he teared up four times at the jeweler!

I love their love. And I love how excited he is for his brother.


Parker did a fantastic job of planning the proposal. He even invited both sets of parents to be here in Nashville for the evening... and no one leaked the surprise, which was maybe the biggest surprise of it all!

After Parker popped the question (I'll let them tell that part of the story), they arrived at the restaurant to find both families awaiting their arrival.

Surprised? Yes, Heather was.

And the reaction was beautiful to witness.









(These photos were taken with my iPhone, so please forgive the blurriness.)

The whole evening felt surreal.

To finally inherit a sister- I couldn't be happier.

To watch my brother love a gal as much as he does- I couldn't beam brighter.

To see my family prepare to welcome Heather into our family- I couldn't be more excited.

To see Parker interact with his new in-laws and see how much they already love him- I couldn't smile bigger.


The evening was perfect.

Let the wedding planning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips