Saturday, June 23, 2012

chipmunk cheeks.

So. I got my wisdom teeth pulled. All four of them. They were all impacted. Luckily, they put me under and I don't remember a thing, except that they kept calling me "Mrs. Darby" which was weird.

I don't remember being wheeled from the surgery room to the car, but I do remember looking over to the driver's seat and seeing the most handsome man EVER driving me home. Dang, he was hot!

I tried to talk to him, but the bloody gauze in my mouth was very limiting. He held my hand and told me to lie back, and he rubbed my legs the whole way home. He was soooo sweet!

He even bought me a milkshake! We went through the Steak and Shake drive-thru and he ordered my favorite - cookies-n-cream. Mmmm! Only, I wasn't allowed to drink it until we got home. We picked something else up at Walgreens and then finally made it back to the house.

I felt super whoozy and he had to help me into the house. I remember being really hot, so I tried to take off my jeans while he unlocked the front door. This didn't seem to please him.

Once in the house, he removed the limiting gauze from my mouth. So. much. more. blood. than. expected. Cool.

Then he said I could drink my shake. One problem- my entire face was numb. Apparently nothing made it into my mouth and I had Oreo milkshake running down my face without even realizing it. He cleaned up my mess and tried to help. Unfortunately, I'm pretty stubborn.

It was hard to swallow the shake, and with the first bite I thought I was choking. Dramatic, I know.

Then...it hit me.

Pain.

And lots of it.

The hot guy told me I had to drink my shake so it could coat my stomach before taking my pain pill, so I spooned it into my mouth as quickly as I could. Tears filling my eyes. I think they were running down my cheek, but I couldn't tell through the numbness.

This sweet man kissed away my tears, gave my my medicine, and has been taking care of me ever since.


I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have married such a handsome, loving, and helpful husband.

He has been preparing my meals, now consisting of soft foods, washing the dishes, cleaning up after me, making sure I take my pills on time, setting us up for a free month trial of Netflix so I can watch movies, plugging in my cell phone and laptop chargers, propping my pillows up on the couch, and calling from work often just to check on me.

I. Am. Blessed.

I still look like a chipmunk, and although I may feel disgusting, he makes me feel like the prettiest woman in the entire world.

Now, that's love right there. Because I'm lookin' pretty busted. Really. I've got pictures to prove it.


Thanks for being so awesome this week, Jon! You really do amaze me, and I love you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips