Thursday, June 28, 2012

in just six months...

Tomorrow, June 29th, marks the one-year anniversary of our engagement!(Don't worry, all you romantic, love-story heart-throbs...tomorrow's post will include the juicy details.)  :)

And two days after that, Jon and I will celebrate our Six Month Wedding Anniversary!

In realizing this, my heart was full of recollection today. 

Since Jon asked me to be his wife and placed the most stunning diamond ring on my finger one year ago, our lives have been rocked...consisting of huge life changes for both of us.

One thing is very, very evident: God is good to us. So good. Entirely too good.

His provision is immense. His faithfulness never fails.

And He has plans for us. 

June 29, 2011: Jon decided he liked it and "put a ring on it"
We enjoyed a week of engagement bliss together in Florida. The wedding planning began immediately and a date was set! I reluctantly applied for my Florida teaching license...Jon pursued potential jobs in Tennessee. Whoever got a job in the other's state first got to move. :) 


Thank you for a Christlike man pursuing me with all his heart, God. You're good!

July, 2011: Jon visited Nashville for a week. We shopped for his wedding band, viewed potential future apartments, set-up my new classroom, registered (for 5 hours!) at Bed, Bath & Beyond, and continued the wedding planning. After all, we were getting married just 5 months after. The State of Florida made huge budget cuts across the board, but especially in Education. New hires were next-to-impossible. We continued praying about our location. 


Thank you for boldness, God. Thank you for working on my issues with trusting you. Thank you for my hard-working man that is providing for our future life together!

August, 2011: I began working at a new school, teaching subjects I'd never taught before. Jon continued working looong hours at both his jobs. We were both working hard to save money for our wedding. The long distance planning was difficult; the long distance engagement was even harder. We were perfecting our communication skills...over the phone. (Together we were praying for Jon to get a job in Nashville...I was praying specifically that Jon get a job in Nashville in October. For several reasons, this would have been perfect timing. I boldly made my request to the Lord.) 


Thank you for new beginnings, God!

September, 2011: This month was particularly challenging, and I had felt the Lord prepping my heart for this difficult month. We were missing each other like crazy; we hadn't even seen one another since July. We were working really hard and praying with intensity over our future. Half-way through the month, some awesome news. Jon was hired by The Loveless Cafe corporate office. He would work in their gift sales department right up until Christmas. This means he would be off in time for the wedding, then we could get another job for post-wedding. And the best part...He would stop work October 3rd. That's right! My prayers were not only heard, but answered! 


Thank you for answering prayers, specific prayers, God!

October, 2011: Jon moved up to Nashville the last weekend of September- the same weekend I was to be out of my townhouse. We moved him into what would be our townhome, moved my things into the townhome with him, and I moved myself into the Underwood's house. (Rick and Donna Underwood were gracious enough to let me move in to their extra bedroom, and I will forever be grateful!) Jon and I were enjoying living in the same state for the first time ever throughout our courtship. Jon rocked at his new job, our church family welcomed him in with open arms, and we began to learn each other on a different level...a daily "I can see your face" level. My yellow bug was having an engine problem, and we learned that blinking engine light would cost a minimum of $2000 of our wedding money to fix it...and just maybe that would fix it. We were forced to trade it in and buy a new car. We were extremely thankful to have saved some cash, and were incredibly more thankful for my parents' ability to cover additional wedding funds so we could purchase a car unexpectedly. 


Thanks for providing yet again, God!

November, 2011: The courtship was even sweeter in person. And for every bill that came due for the wedding day, God provided the money...and the blessing. We began premarital counseling via Skype with the pastor that would marry us in Florida. (Thanks, Allen!) Continued growth and huge gains were made. One night, while driving to meet Jon for dinner, I was hit head-on. I was thankfully left with only soreness, but the car was not able to be driven. We were left with only one car, and about a 25 minute drive between us. Life got interesting, to say the least. Long story, $500 deductible, and a lot of stress later, the car was finally returned. 


Thanks for your safety and protection, God!

December, 2011: The holidays came extremely quickly and we were trying hard not to miss the "reason for the season" amidst wedding preparations. Jon was released from his job at The Loveless Cafe, but was emailed about another career move the very next day. 


Nice, God! 

He interviewed in Nash, made a presentation from Florida, and was hired for an incredible new opportunity the week before our wedding. 


Thank you for the best wedding present, God, and for the next career move for Jon!

At the end of the month, on New Year's Eve, Jon and I vowed to love and honor each other until death do us part. We made these vows in front of 250 of our friends and family members, but more importantly, before God. 



Our engagement was six months of sheer chaos and life changes,  but most importantly, God's continual provision.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips