Tuesday, January 8, 2013

sweetest birthday.

Guys, I am now 26 years old. 
26.
Considering I have lost track of my age, and for a year have been telling people I am 23 years old, this recent birthday smacked me right in the face.
26.
A mere four years from 30.
Whoa.


Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic.



The truth is, life is so full of God's blessings that I can't complain about anything- including the fact that I'm almost 30 years old.


My birthday was just a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the sweetest birthdays yet.


The day started with a visit from our family's dear friends, the Underwoods. They have been best friends of ours since I was four years old, and they just happened to be traveling through Bradenton on my birthday. 
We enjoyed a delicious breakfast on the beach.

This is Nicole- my BFF since I was four and she was five. She was the Maid of Honor in my wedding, and it meant so much to have her visit on my birthday...again. :)


These attractive ladies are my mom (Melissa) and Nicole's mom (Donna). 
They have been gal pals for a looooong time. I could tell they needed this time together.


What can I say?
"She get it from her mama..."  :)



I spent the afternoon doing one of the things I love the most- shopping with my mom. We love to just run around town together, hunting for a great deal. This escapade left me with a new orange cardigan, a fun blue and white dress, gold glittery flats, a new oversized purse, and a lot of laughs.
(Thanks, Mom!!)


My family met for dinner at a hidden local treasure- Star Fish Co. This seafood market, which has been featured on Food Network, is located on a pier and is nothing fancy by any means- you dine at picnic tables and eat out of cardboard boxes. But the fish is sooo stinkin' fresh and the casual atmosphere couldn't be better. 
Blackened grouper, that's all I'm saying.


These studs are my not-so-little-anymore bros- Parker and Jordan.
Gahlee, I love them.


And this handsome man is the love of my life.
Life is so sweet because of him.


This was the scenery as we finished our meal.
Could it get any better than this?
Family, food, the ocean...


That night we were soooo full. In every way.
Full of life. Full of sea food. Full of love for our family. Full of thankfulness.

But never to full for birthday cake and homemade cookies....:)
And a screening of one of my favorites, "Cinderella Man".








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips