Saturday, January 5, 2013

The most wonderful time of the year.

Jon and I are still living in awe of our trip home for Christmas. We had SUCH a great trip, and we consider ourselves to be extremely blessed
I mean, both our jobs allotted for two weeks vacation for the holidays. (How many marriages get that blessing?!) 
We were able to spend ample time with BOTH sides of the family, including my grandparents. 
We ate delicious Southern cooking (steaks and potatoes) at my parents' house and amazing Panamanian food (hojaldes) at my "in-love's" house. 
We were able to give and receive extremely thoughtful gifts. 
We spent time relaxing, watching movies, playing games, eating, walking the beach, eating, and enjoying our families. 
What more could we have asked for?

Here are some photos to highlight the trip:
We attended Christmas Eve service at my family's church (the same church where Jon and I married). Christmas Eve candlelight service is one of my favorite traditions. Worship was lead by my talented dad and brothers...they even let me sing on one song. :)


One of the Guthrie Christmas traditions is to open one gift only on Christmas Eve, and we always know what that one gift will be... pajamas! Well, this year, Mom got a little creative. She bought Jon and my brothers matching pjs...and if you can tell by this huge grin... they were pretty, um, scandalous?


It was so fun to pick out a Christmas present for Jon's niece, Andreana. I found a "look alike" doll that really does look just like her! She was thrilled when she opened her on Christmas Eve. I love the magic of Christmas!


For the fellas, much of our stay was spent competing in X-box tournaments. 
This pic pretty much says it all.


One of my favorite times to visit the beach is at night. Late on Christmas Day, Jon and I snuck out to the island to enjoy the salty air.
Do you like Frosty the Sandman?


We got to the beach just as the last bits of sun were sinking past the horizon. 
Ahhh... I can feel the salty breeze even now.


This is just one of the trees at my parents' house. (Hey, I said Christmas decor is a huge Guthrie tradition.) My parents' wrapping talents never cease to amaze me!


One morning, Parker and Jordan were too tired to wake up, so Jon and I enjoyed a morning date together. We went to a Bradenton treasure, Gulf Drive Cafe, and ate some of the best breakfast I've ever had! The food was delish, the experience couldn't be better (right on the beach), and with this handsome man sitting across the table from me, life couldn't have been sweeter.



Just after we left town, my dad had back surgery. For his "Last Supper" before the weeks of rehab ahead, we went to Bonefish. Can I just say that we are a family of foodies...we love to eat. And some of our best times are spend around the dinner table.



Mom, Dad, Jon and I double-dated one night. Although out movie choice was less than enjoyable ("Django"), we had a great time being together, followed by a Catch Phrase competition!
Uh, Mom and Dad? Who won again? Oh, that's right... Team Darcy! :)



There's no time like time spent with family.

More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips